HOME

4.22.2554

New regis website design


This is one of my homework in The User Interface class. Teacher assigned us to redesign www.regis.ku.ac.th, the registration website for Kasetsart university's students.

To encourage students to have a good creative idea, to keep doing with that concept and to make it easier to be used than ever are the main purposes of this class.

In this case, I used the concept 'Images are remembered easily'. So,I changed the previous website that has a lot of texts and links that made people confused with them. I replaced  all necessary links to sub-websites 
with cartoon characters on the homepage. I used various animal cartoons because each animal has its own character. One animal for one sub-link's task, so we can know what each link is for because we remember the characters of each link's animal mascot.

The new homepage I designed for www.regis.ku.ac.th , creating a learning environment. When users move cursor pass each characters in front of the blackboard, it will show a pop-up thumbnail of website that it links to, or users can click on the small characters in the bottom of homepage
And these are animal cartoons I illustrated to be the mascots of each necessary link.
Course - This link's task is used to manage all courses in each semester. I use a cat as a mascot because it is a cautious animal that represents to students who pay attention in their course's details.

Nisit- This link's task is used to manage all students' activities. I use a lion as a mascot because it is the king of animals and has a leadership skill represents to students who always do activities to improve their sociability.

KITs - This link's task is used to reserve an internet room. I use a monkey as a mascot because it is a naughty animal represents to students who use internet to learn new things around the world and chat with friends.

Grade - This link's task is used to announce grades for students. I use an owl as a mascot because it looks like a senior animal represents to teachers who evaluate exams and giving grades for students



Mail- This link's task is used to send e-mail for each students' account. I use a pigeon as a mascot because it is a symbol of communication animal represents to students who send e-mail to friends.

Eassess- This link's task is used to evaluate courses and teachers in each semester. I use a poodle as a mascot because it looks like a talkative animal represents to students who criticizie courses and teachers.

Regis- This link's task is used to register courses in each semester. I use a worm as a mascot because a saying 'bookworm' represenst to students who seek knowledge and register in their interesting courses.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น